Chat Box

Website Chat Reader

Welcome to Transcendence

Author Topic: What's your favourite movie?  (Read 8050 times)

Offline Ars Sator

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Beast
  • Uh oh.
    • View Profile
What's your favourite movie?
« on: July 29, 2009, 09:18 »
Considering this is a Music & Movies section, yet there is only one thread and its about music, I figured it'd be best if we added at least something about movies.

Pretty obvious what you do here. Just list your favourite movies.
Make sure you tell us, maybe you'll get some of the movies on your list to be our list with a good enough description about why you loved the movie.

For me, at present, my favourite movie of all time is Ocean's Thirteen.
Slick, elegant, cool, good acting, nice plot and one of the kind of movies I love, has to be my favourite.

Remember, you can give a whole list of your favs.

Offline Xye

• Reserve Staff
  • Transcendent
  • Gackt, My love.
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favourite movie?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 16:07 »
MOON CHILD!!! (Cuz it has Gackt in it XD)

Oh btw, Keep your eyes open for "Bunraku" Its gonna be screening in 2010!!!! And it has an awesome Japanese Singer in there ^__^ (Gackt XD)

Offline Tammy

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • ArcAngel
  • <Insert Witty Comment Here>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 16:35 »
Pirates of the Carribean one! (currently)
I just really like the plot, and the characters are hilarious. I can quote so many lines from the movie. :)
But I didn't the the sequels were that good. They'd already tied everything off in the first movie, and then they suddenly throw in Davy Jones, and I was like WTH? But, they were still good.
And I really hated that cliffhanger at the end of the second movie. They should have just cut stuff out of the second movie and combined the second and third movies.
*glares at the cliffhanger*
Oh wow.. so they're iphone earpods? Wait, I mean, earrings! No! EARPHONES!!! I MEANT EARPHONES!
If you're reading this, then good for you. :3

Offline Firestar

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Butterfly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 03:18 »
Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd, Corpse Bride, Titanic, Stardust, Howl's Moving Castle, Starwars saga, Lord of the Rings Trilogy Spirited Away, Dance with Me, and a whole bunch of other films.
m-r

Offline Tammy

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • ArcAngel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 04:04 »
Ooh, Titanic, can't believe I didn't remember that one. I watched it when I was 4. My mum threw herself on top of the TV screen during the kissing/love scene and I was like WTH?
I've never watched Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, but they're classic. :D
(Please, no one give me incredulous stares and the 'i'm so disappointed in you' headshake. I already got them from my school friends, my train friends, my old school friends, my band friends, my netball coach + team, my history teacher, my history class, the bus driver, the dance teacher, some random on the street who heard me telling my friends, etc. etc.)
Oh wow.. so they're iphone earpods? Wait, I mean, earrings! No! EARPHONES!!! I MEANT EARPHONES!

Offline Yume

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Royalty
    • View Profile
    • Daaku Chokoreeto
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 04:20 »
MOON CHILD!!! (Cuz it has Gackt in it XD)
LOL. And hyde. He also starred in Kagen no Tsuki but I think he looks better in Moon Child.

I've never watched Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, but they're classic. :D
8DD" Try watching them? Lol, watch the three LOTR movies at one go and the whole day is gone! They are classic. I prefer the old Star Wars trilogy to the newer one though. (Ewoks! XDD)

I think the first Pirates of the Carribean movie was good but it kinda keeps going downhill as Tammy says. I didn't really understand the latest one.

And I'm gonna sound like a huge animation fan but:
Tonari no Totoro, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Gake no Ue no Ponyo, Hotaru no Haka etc.
Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, Coraline (sorry for liking dark-ish stuff XD)

And of course, I'm looking forward to Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland~

Offline Mithril

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Immortal
  • !~All hail Osaka~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:04 »
My favorite movies are Accepted and The Dead Poets Society ! !
Love those two>__< They are both about school life.

Funny Quote of the Day:

"The more I see of men, the more I like dogs."

[not meant to offend the male species xP]

Sakira

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 10:19 »
Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3, Edward Scissor Hands, What about Bob?, Harry Potter, Titanic, Spirited Away, Howels Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sleepy Hollow, ect...

Pirates of the Carribean one! (currently)
I just really like the plot, and the characters are hilarious. I can quote so many lines from the movie. :)
But I didn't the the sequels were that good. They'd already tied everything off in the first movie, and then they suddenly throw in Davy Jones, and I was like WTH? But, they were still good.
And I really hated that cliffhanger at the end of the second movie. They should have just cut stuff out of the second movie and combined the second and third movies.
*glares at the cliffhanger*

Actually they didn't just throw him in there. =p

They talked about him in the first one along with Will Tuners dad. xD

angelwriter

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 08:01 »
ooo!!!
wow.. where to start?!?!
well for english stoof first...
pirates of the caribbean (only the first one, the next two just made me sad!), corpse bride (all in all anything to do with johhny depp, but hands off! he's mine!), 27 dresses, bride wars, skeleton key, romeo and juliet, house bunny, transformers, the proposal, the lakehouse, the notebook, mean girls, she's the man
ok... i should shut up about english movies now...
now for some jap! =)
heavenly forest makes me cry everytime, death note, nana (the first one only... the second one... a certain character pissed me off a bit...)
and now some anime,
full metal alchemist!!!, howl's moving castle
and now some chinese!!!
any thing steven chow! lol!!!, um... what else... linger, L for love, L for lies, love is not all around, love undercover (a must watch! crack myself up everytime!), red cliff, sniper, yip man

and unfortunately, thats all i can think of right now~
xxx

drexizle

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 09:45 »
uhh... i was never good at picking favorites xD

lets see, i like any dog movies (good boy!?) and... anything with will smith in it :D.
haha, i just can't be any more specific than that xD.

YEEESSS ! it looks so goood :3

Offline Tammy

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • ArcAngel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 16:42 »
Spirited away. I think someone already said this, it's a classic. We watched it in English class, before I'd disscovered the joy of anime and i was a bit 'what the hell is going on'. But then, in the end I really enjoyed it.
And, in dramas, there's Goong(korean) and Huang Zhu Ge Ge (also known as princess pearl. It's chinese, which makes me happy cos then I don't need subs. XD)

Offline nancy

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Heaven's Minion
  • I want to shout "I Love You"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 18:55 »
I don't know if this makes me sound extremely old and outdated...but uh...i absolutely adore Phantom of the Opera!! (Xye to Gackt as Nancy is to Phantom of the Opera...sort of. ^_^)
I hate losing. I hate crying. I want to keep laughing.

Offline Tammy

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • ArcAngel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 00:22 »
wow, nice analogy. Really gives me a good understanding. XD
And yeah, it's cool. Do you like the play or the book better?

Offline Yume

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Royalty
    • View Profile
    • Daaku Chokoreeto
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 04:13 »
any thing steven chow! lol!!!
I so agree! :wahaha:

YEEESSS ! it looks so goood :3
:love: Onion emoticons yay!

I don't know if this makes me sound extremely old and outdated...but uh...i absolutely adore Phantom of the Opera!! (Xye to Gackt as Nancy is to Phantom of the Opera...sort of. ^_^)
I started out by listening to the music but the movie itself is lovely~

Max

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 15:38 »
i can't pick my favorite guy in phantom. either phantom, or the other guy in the white shirt..... but i've only seen the second half of the movie at a friend's house and i was like......  >:( who's te phantom? the masquarade was like  :=X: and by the end it was just ridiculous because nothing made sense anymore >_<  *dead

I personally prefer classics like the pokemon movies : P roflcopter.

OMG best movie ever. 10 Things I Hate About You. watch it! it's on youtube! the TV show remake is really bad, but the movie is HYSTERICAL.

Leave a Message -This is NOT for chatting!-