Chat Box

Website Chat Reader

Welcome to Transcendence

Author Topic: THoughts on CLAMP  (Read 6641 times)

Offline Disturbance

• Translator [Ch]
  • Transcendent
    • View Profile
Re: THoughts on CLAMP
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 06:33 »
precisely! my friend was like its what she expected from ghost. left me disappointed.
I like reading. I love manga. I love good things(:

Offline yuii

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Noble
  • *activates Geass* You, do the work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2010, 23:27 »
Hmmm I feel a little complicated when it comes to CLAMP's works :swt:

I really like xxxHolic and Gohou Drug (which for some reason, are on hiatus) and X. But I'm not keen on watching CCS (used to watch a little but didn't really like it), Tsubasa or even Magic Knight Rayearth. I suppose it'll have to depend on theme *skip
Project:
Cosplay Animal
BitA (?)
Sugar Family [Complete!!!]

Offline Disturbance

• Translator [Ch]
  • Transcendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 08:23 »
sounds like you're not a historical kind of person XD and fairytale endings

Offline Kaoru

• Cocoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2010, 10:19 »
I'm actually an avid fan of Clamp, though I haven't gotten around to read all of their artworks. So far, I've read CCS, Clamp School Detectives, Tokyo Babylon, X/1999, XXX Holic and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle.  *skip

I love the variety of characters that Clamp provided and the complicated relationships that bounds them together! And I agree that TRC and XXX Holic are related in a slightly complicated way, however, that's probably why I particularly love these two manga! I love reading manga with a complicated storyline with twist in every turn and unpredictable endings~  :=D:

Offline Zephyr of the Mist

• Reserve Staff
  • Master of Heaven
  • Life can't always be roses, but so what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 21:22 »
xxxHolic is one of my favorite mangas, I actually own 10 volumes of it.  :love: 

I love CLAMP, their drawing really appeals to me because of the way they use asymmetrical curves everywhere. I haven't really read much of the others because the library doesn't have them when I go to look.  Appalling, I know.

Currently QCing: Hanayashiki no Juunintachi, Shibariya Komachi, Men's Kou, Black Bird, Butter!!, and Cosplay Animal
Cleaning: Really!? 27                                                                                                                                            Complete: I Love HS, Ai Wo Chodai

Offline yuii

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 05:53 »
sounds like you're not a historical kind of person XD and fairytale endings

Disturby you're quite right :shy: I'm okay with historical but rather picky with fantasy-related theme. I'm all in for the horror/ mystery type.

Zephyr>> Are you a collector as well?

I'm a collector so I buy tankoubon of my favourite series :woohehe: 

Gate7 is one of Clamp's latest works. I heard they'll be releasing the anime. Sounds good to me...!
Project:
Cosplay Animal
BitA (?)

Offline Zephyr of the Mist

• Reserve Staff
  • Master of Heaven
  • Life can't always be roses, but so what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 13:14 »
No, I just buy books and series that I would rent from the library more than twice a month.  Hellsing and Black Bird are next. ^__^

Currently QCing: Hanayashiki no Juunintachi, Shibariya Komachi, Men's Kou, Black Bird, Butter!!, and Cosplay Animal
Cleaning: Really!? 27                                                                                                                                            Complete: I Love HS, Ai Wo Chodai

Offline Mister Want

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Heaven's Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2010, 23:42 »
I think CLAMP is pretty amazing. I'm really impressive with the universes they've created and how half of them are interconnected by the same characters or world. They also write in a wide variety of genres. I haven't read all of their work though. Partially out of laziness and partially out of distaste. Not distaste as in I hate certain works, but that certain works never appealed enough to me to read it. Though, I assume those works must be well done also. I think the longest impression I have is from WISH. Out of all their works, I enjoyed that the most.

Overall, CLAMP is great, but I wouldn't say I'm an giant fan. Most of the mangas I read, I judge by each series. It's rare for me to think about the author and his/her many works.

Offline Disturbance

• Translator [Ch]
  • Transcendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2010, 12:05 »
My policy: READING ONLY COMPLETED MANGAS...be it books or manga....but its extended to good manga like Skip Beat! , Kaichou wa maid sama and katekyo hitman reborn :)!

Offline yuii

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2010, 22:56 »
No, I just buy books and series that I would rent from the library more than twice a month.  Hellsing and Black Bird are next. ^__^

:O I see.

I collect manga that I like and I read them repeatedly ^^ it's a satisfaction to see the collection(s) on my bookshelf. I have about 100+ yaoi manga hiding sitting on my bookshelf :woohehe: and sometimes there are people who would notice them.

Disturby>> you remind me of my cousin sister :=X: she'll start screaming at me or would purposely call me up (she stays in another region) to nag at me for passing her incomplete manga to read (should have seen that coming from anyone...!)

I bought Parfait Tic from vol 1 - 17 then stopped 'coz the tankoubon was slow and I'm starting to lose interest. I know it would be painful to continue reading as well >3> and I lent her the series. lol and the next time she visited me, she nagged me endlessly!

banzai to Clamp. They position themselves "different". Even the xxxHolic and Gohou Drug books are printed slightly bigger than average manga sizes. And their cover is always black <3333333
Project:
Cosplay Animal
BitA (?)

Offline Disturbance

• Translator [Ch]
  • Transcendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2010, 09:06 »
urgh.....i was finding the bishie thread...because i spent whole day stalking a bishie on youtube =.=

nbm~ cool you have 100+ yaoi books....you can compete with my bro....but he has a mix of shoujo x shounen. Shoujo is for me to raed, teeheehee :P basically i just read online....if i can find it outside like my school library has the complete volumes of Phantom Dream (which is .... idk, if you know me, you know that i get very short-tempered and mad at people who decides to pause a project that they started half-way...) for phantom dream, it has 5 vols that was published like in 2005/2008 and only two chapters are available on manga sites =.=

oh...you reminded me. I was going to be annoyed at charmy for starting me on hana to akuma, which is indeed a good series and i was bored, so i read it up to chapter 50 i s'pose. she's lucky that hana to akuma had frequent updates, and is completed XD

Offline icewing

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Transcendent
  • I like bears.
    • View Profile
    • Icey's Deviantart
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2010, 19:02 »
WHO'S THE BISHI!?!?!? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???!?!

Offline Disturbance

• Translator [Ch]
  • Transcendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2010, 20:57 »
Jimmy Lin. He's a taiwanese actor from the 90s. His already 35-36 years old, but still looks like in his mid-twenties. Hot stuff really...so kawaiii!  :touched: :love:

Offline icewing

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Transcendent
  • I like bears.
    • View Profile
    • Icey's Deviantart
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2010, 18:24 »
....-_-.....this reminds meh of ...Gackt (who's made out of plastic and is at age....40?)

Offline Disturbance

• Translator [Ch]
  • Transcendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2010, 11:46 »
yeah Gackt is hot too! I think he's coming to singapore soon!

Leave a Message -This is NOT for chatting!-