Chat Box

Website Chat Reader

Welcome to Transcendence

Author Topic: THoughts on CLAMP  (Read 6970 times)

Offline putochan

• Translator [Jp]
  • Royalty
    • View Profile
Re: THoughts on CLAMP
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2012, 18:20 »
The older CLAMP works are good.   CLAMP usually has good storyline and art.  They are usually melodramatic and a bit serious but it's cool. 

Their better works:
Magic Knight Rayearth
X Japan
Tokyo Babylon

Code Geass
Wish
Chobits

Their (slightly) boring works:

Card Captor
xxxHolic
Tsubasa Chronicles

Offline `Roze`

• Administrator
  • Transcendent
  • Is a PM horder. >.>;
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2012, 13:28 »
I don't mind Clamp. I like some of their works like xxxHolic, Tsubasa, and X but sometimes I get a little annoyed at their reuse of characters and sometimes I think its cool.

My little imagination thinks they've got a whole plan for it but then my brain is like "Really? You have that little of an imagination you can't make up a new character?" I mean they even keep the same names in a lot of them I do believe!

Progress
(click to show/hide)

Offline tinnako

• Beast
  • Hello, happy to meet you :D
    • View Profile
    • Cutest teeth in the universe ^_^
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2013, 19:05 »
I love CLAMP. Their art style is pretty distinctive, and whilst some of their series (I'm thinking Tsubasa) went crazy in terms of their plot, there's something grand in their version of craziness. There was a reason they re-used characters in Tsubasa repeatedly (I think the series was to celebrate an important anniversary for them, I forget the details). They're not perfect, far from it, and their art style is not without bugs (really, guys, they get a bit toooo stretched sometimes), but they're definitely distinctive.

Offline Blobsndrees

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • ArcAngel
  • Bow down to your king!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2013, 15:58 »
I really liked their earlier works like card captor sakura, chobits, angelic layer but I'm not too sure about their later ones. I didn't really get the plot in tsubasa and I had to read the wiki to get it -_-. XXXHolic is interesting but the thing that really puts me off reading clamp mangas watching clamp animes now are their freakily long arms. They draw children really well, why is it that when they draw adults, the proportions go waaaay off >.<

edit: oops just realised this was in the anime section
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 16:01 by blobsndrees »
In Exile.

Offline tinnako

• Beast
  • Hello, happy to meet you :D
    • View Profile
    • Cutest teeth in the universe ^_^
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 11:49 »
I know! The animes can be harder than the manga, because they have less of the awesome detail and style, so the dangly long arms and legs can just look even more freaky. Like, in the manga, they almost get away with it, but put it in an anime where the characters are moving around and walking and stuff? Just doesn't work as well. I know. I love CLAMP, but if they agreed to make the limbs like, 30% shorter, I might love them even more!

Leave a Message -This is NOT for chatting!-