Chat Box

Website Chat Reader

Welcome to Transcendence

Author Topic: The Fantastic SPAM-story  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Evory

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
  • Officially insane and loving it.
    • View Profile
The Fantastic SPAM-story
« on: August 24, 2009, 12:17 »
Here is the first installment of the story created in the SPAM topic. We hope you enjoy it *skip

Credits:
Written by: Zain and Evory
Guest Writer: Tammy
Proofread by: Zaind and Evory
Illustrations by: Evory

The Fantastic SPAM-Story: Episode I: The Dark Warrior And The Guinea-Pig

We'll release the next installment when it's finished and proofread (if the illustrations aren't done yet, we'll release another issue with them later). If you can't wait, you can read the unfinished story in the SPAM topic. It starts here, post #259

Please tell us what you think :bow:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:34 by Evory »
Veni, Vidi, Velcro.

I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Currently working on: PG vol. 4 p4, 5 &6, DM seq ch.1

Offline Shiki

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
  • Black Gold Saw
    • View Profile
    • Shiki's GFXs!
Re: The Fantastic SPAM-story
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 12:27 »
I think the link is wrong ><" Somehow it only lends to the homepage of MediaFire! :noway: lol

Privilege is the greatest enemy of right.

Offline Evory

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 12:36 »
I changed it, try again :=X:
Veni, Vidi, Velcro.

Offline Zain

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • ArcAngel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 12:46 »
Haha, this is so awesome.
Good job, Evory! :D

drexizle

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 13:37 »
what a funny story xD gj you guys ;D!

Offline Tammy

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • ArcAngel
  • <Insert Witty Comment Here>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 18:09 »
Wow. It's so good! How did you make it so good!
yeah, looking through the next installment, it's all so much longer. XD
If you got it published, I'd buy it. :D
Oh wow.. so they're iphone earpods? Wait, I mean, earrings! No! EARPHONES!!! I MEANT EARPHONES!
If you're reading this, then good for you. :3

Offline Evory

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 16:59 »
$_$

Zain, I smell money...

Don't worry, we'll let all you Transcendence members proofread it for free first :=X:.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 20:45 by Evory »
Veni, Vidi, Velcro.

Offline Evory

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 21:50 »
Ohoh I double posted :woohehe:

But I have some announcements:
I'm considering to split the current episode II into multiple episodes. What do you think? And what should I put on the front covers?

The info about the next episodes (don't read unless you follow the story), most of the names are just the first thing that popped into my head. Please let me know what you think (and some things for the cover): *highlight to read*

The Fantastic SPAM-Story Episode II:
Heir Of The Empire

Synopsis: The Royal Empresses have decided to look for an heir. The result of Empire-wide election was [insert name] the child of werr and Tammy. But he cannot become the Heir Of The Empire before he has completed seven tasks. Will [insert name] be capable of completing these dangerous tasks? Follow [insert name] and Sir Guiney's on their adventures...

Number of pages (at the moment): 3 1/2
Word count (at the moment): 1742

Chapters:
- The Fairytale Continues...
- The First Two Tasks
- Quest For Apples
- The Royal Stables
- The Fourth Task
- The First Obstacle
- The Guardian Of The Bridge
- Something Worth Dying For
- Sir Guiney To The Rescue!
- Barbara's Confession

Status: Completely written, Proofread once by Evory, No Illustrations

The Fantastic SPAM-Story Episode III
Destiny Of Blood

Synopsis: While journeying to complete the fourth task, Sir Guiney and [insert name] have decided to stay for the night at a hostel. But it will be a night they never forget. Why are there so many mysterious cloaked people? Why do they rhyme? Who is the perpetrator of all this? Find out in this Episode!

Number of pages (at the moment): 9
Word count (at the moment): 3846

Chapters:
- The Landlord And Lady Of The Hostel
- The Vampire Emperor
- Drahardur's song
- Grandfather's Tale
- [insert name]'s refusal

Status: Completely written, Proofread once by Evory, No Illustrations

The Fantastic SPAM-Story Episode IV
The Return Of The Empresses

Synopsis: The hostel is under attack! Will [insert name] be captured by Drahardur's henchmen? Will Sir Guiney even survive? And why are the Royal Empresses at the hostel? Don't miss this action packed episode!

Number of pages (at the moment): 5
Word count (at the moment): 2311

Chapters:
- The Battle At The Hostel
- The Art Of Observing
- The Return Of The Empresses

The writing style between the second and the third is different. While the first and second only contain narration, the third and fourth episode has have more dialog, making it a lot longer. The song in Episode three that takes up three pages might have something to do with it too...

Please let me know if you have better names XD

*end*
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 23:34 by Evory »
Veni, Vidi, Velcro.

drexizle

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 23:54 »
There's a song !? SWEET :D

Offline Evory

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 23:55 »
I've seriously considered composing the score for it, but I have never composed something that complex before...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 01:14 by Evory »
Veni, Vidi, Velcro.

Offline Zain

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • ArcAngel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 09:59 »
Yeah, I think dividing it into several Episodes is much easier because it's getting really long now...
If you want, I could come up with a few illustrations, but I'm a little busy these days (school starts on the 2nd for me, and I have tons of homework still taking up space on my desk -_-;;)

Offline Evory

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 23:35 »
It's okay, we can leave the illustrations for later. School starts the 7th for me AND our school doesn't give homework for the summer, so it's not like I'm drowning in work right now... I just don't have any ideas. :crywithno:.

But you can always provide pictures for me to work with =D. If you really want to make the illustrations, I also have no objections ;)

edit: I really want to give [insert name]/the child of werr and Tammy/the main character a real name before we release the next episodes. It should be a good young-male-hero name...

Names suggested by Zain:
Wemmy (after werr and Tammy)
Dante
Tom

I looked for a guide with meanings of names, and clicked all the names that began with a T, and ended with an E (for TranscendencE).

Here's the list:
Tane Means "man" in Maori. In Maori and other Polynesian mythology, Tane was the god of forests and light. He created the tui bird and, by some accounts, man.
Teague Anglicized form of Tadhg. Means "poet" in Irish. This was the name of an 11th-century king of Connacht.
Teige Anglicized form of Tadhg.
Teigue Anglicized form of Tadhg.
Telesphore French form of the Greek name (Telesphoros) which means "bringing fulfillment" or "bearing fruit". Saint Telesphorus was a 2nd-century pope and martyr.
Temitope Means "enough to give thanks" in Yoruba.
Temple From a surname which originally belonged to a person who was associated with the Knights Templar, a medieval religious military order.
Terance Variant of Terence
Terence From the Roman family name Terentius which is of unknown meaning. Famous bearers include Publius Terentius Afer, a Roman playwright, and Marcus Terentius Varro, a Roman scholar. It was also borne by several early saints. The name was used in Ireland as an Anglicized form of Toirdhealbhach, but it was not in use as an English name until the late 19th century.
Terje Norwegian variant of Torgeir. From the Old Norse name Þórgeirr, which meant "Thor's spear" from the name of the Norse god Þórr (see Thor) combined with geirr "spear".
Terrance  Variant of Terence
Terrel (I found this when I mis-clicked Terrance. I thought the stubborn thing was funny.) From an English surname which was probably derived from the Norman French nickname tirel "to pull", referring to a stubborn person. It may sometimes be given in honour of civil rights activist Mary Church Terrell (1863-1954).
Tevye Yiddish form of Tobiah. From the Hebrew name (Toviyyah) which meant "Yahweh is good". This was the name of an Ammonite in the Book of Nehemiah in the Old Testament.
Thane From the Scottish and English noble title, which was originally from Old English thegn.
Theodore From the Greek name (Theodoros), which meant "gift of god" from Greek (theos) "god" and (doron) "gift". This was the name of several saints, including Theodore of Amasea, a 4th-century Greek soldier; Theodore of Tarsus, a 7th-century archbishop of Canterbury; and Theodore the Studite, a 9th-century Byzantine monk. It was also borne by two popes.
This was a common name in classical Greece, and, due to both the saints who carried it and the favourable meaning, it came into general use in the Christian world, being especially popular among Eastern Christians. It was however rare in Britain before the 19th century. Famous bearers include three tsars of Russia (in the Russian form Fyodor), American president Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919) and American children's book creator Theodore Seuss Geisel (1904-1991), better known as Dr. Seuss.
Theophile French form of Theophilus. Latinized form of the Greek name (Theophilos) which meant "friend of god", derived from (theos) "god" and (philos) "friend". In the New Testament the evangelist Luke addresses his gospel and the Book of Acts to a man named Theophilus.
Thutmose Means "son of Thoth", composed of the name of the Egyptian god Thoth combined with the word mes "son" or mesu "be born". Thutmose was the name of four Egyptian pharaohs of the New Kingdom, including Thutmose III who conquered Syria and Nubia.
Tinashe Means "God is with us" in Shona.
Tipene Maori form of Stephen. From the Greek name (Stephanos) meaning "crown". Saint Stephen was a deacon who was stoned to death, as told in Acts in the New Testament, and he is regarded as the first Christian martyr. Due to him, the name became common in the Christian world. It was popularized in England by the Normans.
This was the name of kings of England, Serbia, and Poland, as well as ten popes. It was also borne by the first Christian king of Hungary (10th century), who is regarded as the patron saint of that country. More recent bearers include British physicist Stephen Hawking (1942-) and the American author Stephen King (1947-).

The most popular so far:
Dante
Teague
Terrance
Terrel

Everyone can vote, or suggest new names. The next episode won't be released until [insert name] has been given a name.

edit2: I started making a cover... and am finished with it. Here it is. [insert name] is kinda... multicolored XD.

Some changes: The whole tale of [insert name]'s struggle to becoming the Heir will eventually become one episode of the Fantastic SPAM-story... but it has now been divided into several parts of the story 'Heir Of The Empire'.

So it will be something like this:
The Fantastic SPAM-Story
  - Episode I: The Dark Warrior And The Guinea-Pig
          - Chapter 1: The Fairytale begins
          - Chapter 2: ... etc.
  - Episode II: Heir Of The Empire *highlight for the names*
      - Part I: The Heir Of The Empire
          - Chapter 1: The Fairytale Continues
    - Part II: Destiny Of Blood
          - Chapter 1: The Landlord And Lady Of The Hostel
    - Part III: The Return Of The Empresses
          - Chapter 1: The Battle At The Hostel
    - Part IV: ... etc.
  - Episode III: [new story]

As usual, if you know better names, share it.

I'm going to send the story to Zain for proofreading... but even if it's finished, you won't get the PDF until [insert name] has been named *is evil*
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 06:03 by Evory »
Veni, Vidi, Velcro.

Offline Zain

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • ArcAngel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 09:51 »
For [insert name]'s real name, I still vote for Dante! Maybe we should create a thread somewhere for people to vote..? It'll be more organized.

I like the cover. Lol, the multicolored [insert name] looks so innocent and heroic! XD Again, great job! :]

For Episode II, Part II, Chapter, I think the name sounds a bit awkward. Maybe change it to something like the "Hostel Keepers?" But if you don't like that, you can keep it the way it is.

Offline Evory

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 10:07 »
I kinda like Dante too... shall we use our power as writers and enforce the name? :woohehe:

I think I'll change it into "The Owners Of The Hostel"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 10:34 by Evory »
Veni, Vidi, Velcro.

Offline Zain

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • ArcAngel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 10:09 »
Haha, well if we both like it, I don't see why not!  :wahaha: