Chat Box

Website Chat Reader

Welcome to Transcendence

Author Topic: . : + ANIME RECOMMENDATIONS + : .  (Read 19807 times)

Offline nancy

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Heaven's Minion
  • I want to shout "I Love You"
    • View Profile
. : + ANIME RECOMMENDATIONS + : .
« on: July 23, 2009, 10:18 »
So the anime and manga section is separated on this forum...kind of a pain, but I guess this will make it easier to find a manga OR an anime to read/watch. (I did have a bit of a trouble digging through a list of animes AND mangas when I was searching for animes to watch xD)

Code Geass R1 + R2
The Empire of Britannia has invaded Japan using giant robot weapons called Knightmare Frames. Japan is now referred to as Area 11, and its people the 11's. A Britannian who was living in Japan at the time, Lelouch, vowed to his Japanese friend Suzaku that he'd destroy Britannia. Years later, Lelouch is in high school, but regularly skips out of school to go play chess and gamble on himself. One day, he stumbles on terrorists 11's who've stolen a military secret and is caught by a member of the Britannian task force sent after them, who is Suzaku. As the rest of the squad arrives, Suzaku is shot for disobeying orders, while the military secret, a young girl, gives Lelouch the power of Geass, which makes anyone obey any order. While Suzaku is secretly made the pilot of Britannia's brand new prototype Knightmare, Lancelot, Lelouch becomes the masked Zero to lead the rebellion to destroy Britannia once and for all.
(So....when for those of you who've watched this when it was "all the rage", I'm sorry it took me forever and a day to finally watch this and realize what a great anime it was! xD This is probably one of the more memorable animes I've ever watched! Just something about Lelouch's character...)

Scrapped Princess
Pacifica Casull is the most feared and hated person by the followers of the God Mauser. Known as the Scrapped Princess, she is the poison that will destroy the world. To avoid being killed by the zealots of Mauser, Pacifica and her adoptive brother and sister leave the village of Manhurin. Her brother, Shannon, is an expert with the sword while Racquel is proficient with magic. At every step of the way, however, someone is constantly trying to kill Pacifica, hoping to somehow avert the catastrophe that is supposed to befall the world on her 16th birthday.
(An extremely touching story! It was never hyped, but I think its still one of the better animes out there~)

Yeah...I'm ending it here. I know. There are a lot of good animes out there and I am SO not doing this post justice. So everyone post a few recommendations!
I hate losing. I hate crying. I want to keep laughing.

Offline Xye

• Reserve Staff
  • Transcendent
  • Gackt, My love.
    • View Profile
Re: . : + ANIME RECOMMENDATIONS + : .
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 10:22 »
OMG SCRAPPED PRINCESS!! *hugs nancy* Indeed. I was so touched by that anime. I LOVED  Fulle ...LOVED HIM SO MUCH *is addicted with  his earrings*

Offline Nicole

• Reserve Staff
  • Heaven's Minion
  • Archivist and Proofreader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 15:09 »
I just finished "Full Metal Panic!" and greatly enjoyed it.  The jump in violence and nudity in "The Second Raid" was really surprising compared to the first two seasons...

I also liked "Fruits Basket."  I could never listen to the opening and ending songs, though; they drove me crazy!!

"Candidate for Goddess" was funny, but it, like the manga, had a very incomplete feeling.  Nothing was really resolved.  :(

Thanks to werr for my very first sig!! Best birthday present ever! *hug

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without. - Early American Saying

Offline Michiko

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Butterfly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 15:33 »
I recommend: CANAAN, Bakemonogatari, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 ^^

CODE GEASS is awesome~ Lelouch <333 Hahaha The ending of R2 was just so sad. Cried that time *embarrassed* LOL
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 15:35 by Miharu »

Offline Tammy

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • ArcAngel
  • <Insert Witty Comment Here>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 20:56 »
OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB! Sorry, just had to stick it in. The anime doesn't go as in-depth as the manga, but it's a lot funnier.
Also, Kyo Kara Maoh. It's funny, and has an interesting plotline. The only thing is there's just a tiny bit of shounen-ai (two boys get engaged) but it's treated as a running gag and they don't actually do anything.
Oh wow.. so they're iphone earpods? Wait, I mean, earrings! No! EARPHONES!!! I MEANT EARPHONES!
If you're reading this, then good for you. :3

Offline Mithril

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Immortal
  • !~All hail Osaka~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 23:32 »
5 Centimers Per Second - This made me cry. I love it so much <3

Chobits - One of my all time favorites ^_^ Chi is just so cute~ it's funny and very romantic >_< My guy friend said he almost cried at the last episode lol.

Claymore - I didn't like the first few episodes but it gets better and better. Kinda made me cry too.

Funny Quote of the Day:

"The more I see of men, the more I like dogs."

[not meant to offend the male species xP]

Offline Yume

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Royalty
    • View Profile
    • Daaku Chokoreeto
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 03:11 »
OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB! Sorry, just had to stick it in. The anime doesn't go as in-depth as the manga, but it's a lot funnier.
This. XD" Very good for comic relief indeed - you can just wanna watch any one episode whenever you feel like it~

Offline Cheradee

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Peasant
  • ~The Mean Bear. =x
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 04:21 »
what about Ghost hunt? I love it . <3

The road to success is always
UNDER CONSTRUCTION. D;<

[I'm _ThePanda of Mangafox.]

Criss

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 04:51 »
@Mithril: Just finished watching 5 Centimers Per Second
And just like mithril, it made me cry too..*sniff*...xD

Offline Michiko

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Butterfly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 19:56 »
Oh I remembered when I watched that movie. It was really nice :)
Makoto Shinkai is an awesome writer. I've watched another movie of his' and it made me cry ^^;
On Byosoku, the composer of the songs there got me addicted to keep on listening to them - Tenmon. Lol

5 Centimers Per Second - This made me cry. I love it so much <3

Chobits - One of my all time favorites ^_^ Chi is just so cute~ it's funny and very romantic >_< My guy friend said he almost cried at the last episode lol.

Claymore - I didn't like the first few episodes but it gets better and better. Kinda made me cry too.

Max

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 02:45 »
@Cheradee ghost hunt is my life! I've watched it countless times (note the avatar) it's so good!

@Tammy Ouran High School Host Club is truly cool, but I don't really like the character of Tamaki. SPOLERS SPOILERS OMG OMG SPOILERS SPOILERSSSSSS....... i hate that the one character i don't like is the one that she ends up with. but i absolutely love the twins (i like hikaru better than kaoru, duh) and my absolute favorite would have to be Kyouya! he's amazing! HaruhiXKyouya forever! and Mori is too cool for words. and hani..... annoys me just a tad : P but it's really good, and it's really fun to get to know the characters. esp CASSANODA KUN!!!! lmao

Full Metal Alchemist is really good, but it's a little long. and they're re-making it because the first show went on a HUGE tangent from the manga, which wasn't finished yet

Toradora! was the best thing i've watched in a while! and yes, the exclamation point is actually part of the title. it's very romantic, but also very silly at times.... well, a lot of the time. i LOVE all of the characters, they're just so hard not to like! and it's not one of those stupid ones where it's really easily predictable. it's like, just predictable enough. and the songs are really fun, and sung by the characters, especially Minorin, who is voiced by YUI! (that exclamation point is not part of the title). the last few eps get dramatic and kind of sad, but it's beautiful and fun and hysterical! and Taiga is so short! rofl, watch it NOW!

Offline Yume

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Royalty
    • View Profile
    • Daaku Chokoreeto
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 03:18 »
Actually I think FMA isn't that long when you compare to other epic shounen series. XD" But well, I still prefer the manga so I'd probably recommend the newer BROTHERHOOD over the older one.

And in Ouran's anime Haruhi's romance isn't really confirmed so yeah, the anime is just all good fun and laughter.

Offline werr

• Teh scary
  • Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 15:30 »
Chobits:
The story centers on the life of Hideki Motosuwa, a repeat student attempting to qualify for university by studying at Seki prep school in Tokyo. Besides a girlfriend, he dreams of having a persocom (?????): an android used as a personal computer, which is expensive. On his way home one evening, he stumbles across a persocom in the form of a beautiful girl with long hair lying against a pile of trash bags, and he carries her home. Upon turning her on, she instantly regards Hideki with adoration. The only word the persocom seems capable of saying is "chi" (??, Chii?), thus he names her Chi. Hideki assumes that there must be something wrong with her, and so the following morning Hideki's neighbor Hiromu Shimbo tries to analyze her with his mobile persocom Plum, and after Plum crashes concludes that she must be custom-made.

Offline Shiki

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
  • Black Gold Saw
    • View Profile
    • Shiki's GFXs!
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 19:46 »
Black Cat - I love it! It's funny and has  a lot of action~ the art is pretty good =]
Chobits - ^^ Yup! Has a very cute storyline! And I laugh my butt out at some scene  :woohehe:

Code Geass - IT'S AWESOME WITH GOOD TWISTS! Some of my friends say it's like Death Note mixed with Gundam xD

Fate/Stay Night - lol you just gotta love Saber and the no stop action with a little bit of romance!

Shugo Chara! & Shugo Chara! Doki! - Well some people might also want to read it instead of watching it since the fillers might kill you~ However it's a really good show =] (Some of you might think it's a bit girly but I like it XD)

Privilege is the greatest enemy of right.

Offline KimiKazoo

• Caterpillar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 21:08 »
Naruto- (just stating the obvious =])
Naruto closely follows the life of a boy who is feared and detested by the villagers of the hidden leaf village of Konoha. The distrust of the boy has little to do with the boy himself, but it’s what’s inside him that causes anxiety. Long before Naruto came to be, a Kyuubi (demon fox) with great fury and power waged war taking many lives. The battle ensued for a long time until a man known as the Fourth Hokage, Yondaime, the strongest ninja in Konoha, fiercely fought the Kyuubi. The fight was soon won by Yondaime as he sealed the evil demon in a human body. Thus the boy, Naruto, was born. As Naruto grows he decides to become the strongest ninja in Konoha in an effort to show everyone that he is not as they perceive him to be, but is a human being worthy of love and admiration. But the road to becoming Hokage, the title for the strongest ninja in Konoha, is a long and arduous one. It is a path filled with betrayal, pain, and loss; but with hard work, Naruto may achieve Hokage.

Bleach- once again
Kurosaki Ichigo is a 15 year old boy that has an ability to see ghosts/spirits. Because of his ability, he is able to meet a female death god (a.k.a Shinigami) named Kuchiki Rukia. To save his family and friends from unwanted soul-eating spirits (Hollows), Rukia transfers her Shinigami powers to Ichigo. As Rukia takes on a human shell, together they solve mysteries involving spirits and hollows until from the spirit world comes 2 other shinigamis explaining that it is illegal to transfer Shinigami powers to humans and Rukia exceeded the time limit to stay in the human world. After they sentence her death for breaking the laws, Ichigo snaps and swears to everyone he will retrieve Rukia by breaking into the spirit world.

Leave a Message -This is NOT for chatting!-