Chat Box

Website Chat Reader

Welcome to Transcendence

Author Topic: . : + ANIME RECOMMENDATIONS + : .  (Read 22041 times)

Offline Sharwin

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Immortal
    • View Profile
Re: . : + ANIME RECOMMENDATIONS + : .
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2010, 21:20 »
I am currently watching Spice and Wolf. It is really good

Of course you do. VA of Lelouch = Kraft Lawrence (Fukuyama Jun), VA of Kallen Stadtfeld = Holo (Koshimizu Ami). xP

Though jokes aside, Spice and Wolf is one of my more favourite anime. I actually really like the voice acting of Holo. If I were to define perfection, to me, her voice of Holo is pretty damn close >_>

Offline werr

• Teh scary
  • Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 02:45 »
I am currently watching Spice and Wolf. It is really good

Of course you do. VA of Lelouch = Kraft Lawrence (Fukuyama Jun), VA of Kallen Stadtfeld = Holo (Koshimizu Ami). xP

Though jokes aside, Spice and Wolf is one of my more favourite anime. I actually really like the voice acting of Holo. If I were to define perfection, to me, her voice of Holo is pretty damn close >_>

Yeah, true she is really darn cute. Oh, and I didn't know the voicing actor was the same for Lelouch and Lawrence until I watched the first 10 or so episodes :P As for Kallen, I didn't know till now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 02:47 by werr »

Offline nancy

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Heaven's Minion
  • I want to shout "I Love You"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 09:38 »
Sad...I know a lot of CC fans were sad that it was Kallen's voice for Horo and not CC xD

omg, and someone go watch "scrapped princess" if they have time! It's a hidden gem!!
I hate losing. I hate crying. I want to keep laughing.

Offline yama-chan

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Beast
  • Me = Perfection (jk)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 07:19 »
Spice and wolf? Its interesting though... but its kinda draggy though. The economic concepts are damn cool! :goodjob:

Offline werr

• Teh scary
  • Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010, 04:36 »
Toradora!

It’s a new school year and Ryuuji Takasu discovers not only is he in the same class as his best friend, Yusaku Kitamura, but also Minori Kukshieda whom he's had an undisclosed crush on for quite some time. Along with Kitamura and Minori is Minori's best friend, the “Palmtop Tiger”, tiny Taiga Aisaka whom, despite her small stature, takes nothing from nobody. (When unflattering pictures of her in a bathing suit were circulated, “Of course, I made it rain blood in the photography club.”) Taiga is secretly in love with Kitamura and she and Ryuuji, despite an oil and water relationship, agree to mutually support each other in their quests for their heart’s desire.

Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Slice of Life

Offline yama-chan

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Beast
  • Me = Perfection (jk)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2010, 06:38 »
Toradora!

It’s a new school year and Ryuuji Takasu discovers not only is he in the same class as his best friend, Yusaku Kitamura, but also Minori Kukshieda whom he's had an undisclosed crush on for quite some time. Along with Kitamura and Minori is Minori's best friend, the “Palmtop Tiger”, tiny Taiga Aisaka whom, despite her small stature, takes nothing from nobody. (When unflattering pictures of her in a bathing suit were circulated, “Of course, I made it rain blood in the photography club.”) Taiga is secretly in love with Kitamura and she and Ryuuji, despite an oil and water relationship, agree to mutually support each other in their quests for their heart’s desire.

Omg! I watched the whole anime! Its really good! Even though it gets a bit boring in the middle.. But there's actually an unexpected twist! It's one of the best shoujo animes that i ever watched! Did you finish it? It's really nice! And it has somehow a deep meaning to it... I would really recommend it too!

Offline werr

• Teh scary
  • Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2010, 18:40 »
Toradora!

Omg! I watched the whole anime! Its really good! Even though it gets a bit boring in the middle.. But there's actually an unexpected twist! It's one of the best shoujo animes that i ever watched! Did you finish it? It's really nice! And it has somehow a deep meaning to it... I would really recommend it too!
Yes, I did finish it and I really liked it. I wouldn't call the twist unexpected though. Or wait, which one are you talking about? PM me, we don't want to spoil someone else's fun.

Offline Sharwin

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2010, 19:09 »

Actually... Toradora is (at least the manga it's based on) a shounen manga ;)

Not sure if anyone has mentioned them but I'd recommend these to people!

Seirei no Moribito:
Based on a fantasy novel by Uehashi Naoko & Futatsugi Saki.

Once every 100 years, a water spirit implants an egg into a person who then becomes the Guardian of the Sacred Spirit. This time, the responsibility falls on Chagum, the Second Prince of the New Yogo Empire.

The Emperor, fearing that the spirit's possession of Chagum could destroy the prestige of the royal family, attempts to have Chagum killed. As a result, the Second Empress secretly asks a female bodyguard, Balsa, to abscond with Chagum.

Kemono no Souja Erin:
* Based on the fantasy novel series written by Uehashi Nahoko (Seirei no Moribito).

Kemono no Souja Erin is about a young woman who is drawn into a war between kingdoms.

10-year-old Erin is a young girl who lives with her mother in the Tai Koh Region in the small Village of Ake. She has a big love for animals, especially the Touda, dragon-like creatures used in the war.

Her mother Soyon was originally of the Mist People, an ancient clan who have members with green hair and eyes, and is rumored to follow in the ancient ways, practice magic, and hide in the mist. But despite her genealogy, they stay in the village because Erin's late father was the son of the village chief and Soyon is the head Touda doctor.

One day however a tradegy happens which changes Erin's life forever.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 00:15 by Sharwin »

Offline nancy

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Heaven's Minion
  • I want to shout "I Love You"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 09:36 »
The art for Serei is BEAUTIFUL! xD
It wasnt necessarily my fav anime, but I thought it was still pretty good xD
I hate losing. I hate crying. I want to keep laughing.

Offline chels

• Cocoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2010, 16:02 »
code geass reminded me of eureka seven. they're nothing alike yet a lot alike. the philosophical perspective, the issues, the mecha, the fightin, lol. both are great, though i think geass was far more tragic.

Offline yama-chan

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Beast
  • Me = Perfection (jk)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 07:46 »
Did anyone watch Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu? Its a somehow new anime! OMG it's so funny! :love:

Offline werr

• Teh scary
  • Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2010, 09:31 »
Did anyone watch Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu? Its a somehow new anime! OMG it's so funny! :love:
Yeah it is currently airing. And yes I have watched it. And yes it is funny, but is also very shallow. No meaning or plot whatsoever :D

Offline yama-chan

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Beast
  • Me = Perfection (jk)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 05:40 »
So true... but I watch it for the comedy only.
Deep animes are normally war and mecha.

Offline werr

• Teh scary
  • Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 15:25 »
So true... but I watch it for the comedy only.
Deep animes are normally war and mecha.
Romance could be too. Mystery and horror as well. Psychological.

Offline Shiki

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
  • Black Gold Saw
    • View Profile
    • Shiki's GFXs!
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 22:00 »
Right now... I am watching Sumomomo Momomo... one of my friend called me pervert because I watch it. =[ I mean that anime is just so unusual and funny even though that there are some moments that are really wrong. XD

Privilege is the greatest enemy of right.

Leave a Message -This is NOT for chatting!-