Chat Box

Website Chat Reader

Welcome to Transcendence

Author Topic: Siblings...[this could get ugly...jk]  (Read 15200 times)

Ell

Re: Siblings...[this could get ugly...jk]
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 06:14 »
man, that must suck. O_O. ._.:

Offline Nicole

• Reserve Staff
  • Heaven's Minion
  • Archivist and Proofreader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 17:58 »
Awww, thanks Kiriane!  :shy:

I don't have as many cousins as you guys do, and all of the ones on my mom's side are way older.

Max, I [almost] totally know how you feel except that my brother is younger and I'm the one with the better grades [ha! jk] [oh, and let's hear it for the stage crew!!! w00t!]

I'd also like to throw out that relationships can [and will] change; often for the better.  Being away at university has made it a trillion times easier to cope with my younger sibs' idiosyncrasies. I know it sounds crazy, but when you're not around them 24/7, you may develop the patience of a saint when you do see them.   The "sib clash" is the age old paradox that will never be solved!  :donwan:

In the meantime, we've got each other!  :touched:

Thanks to werr for my very first sig!! Best birthday present ever! *hug

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without. - Early American Saying

Max

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 00:17 »
lol, group hug!

and i kinda get what you mean. it's much easier to be nice when you don't have to stay in the same house as them for a few months : P

like my friend, she has a little bro and sis, and i'm over at her house ALL THE TIME and i love her siblings, but after vacationing with them for a few weeks, i knew of her pain!

i'm rly sad about my big bro going away :( he's going to pennsylvania for tech school, and i'm gunna miss him cause no matter how much we argue, we're really close. but at least he'll be home for his last year of highschool this year!

Offline Firestar

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Butterfly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 21:07 »
I've shared a room with my older sister since the day I was born. She is my exact opposite when it comes to our personalities. Half the time I want to bang my head against a wall. She irritates me to no end (along with my older cousin who comes over quite a bit) >:(. I keep posters of bands and shows I like on my wall. I have posters of Miyavi and Gazette. My sis and cousin are always saying, "OMG! Are they girls? They look so freaky. Are they gay? blah blah blah" It's even worse when they bring their friends over. Ugh...I can't wait for them to go to college and leave me alone. I also have posters of manga on my wall. My cousin is anti-manga. All she can say is how immature and weird I am. This will be me after those two leave for college:  *skip
m-r

Mort

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 20:19 »
Argh!!! I'm the older one out of me and my brother...It's so annoying when he comes into my room! :donwan:
We sometimes get along with each other, but not usually. He's only 2 years younger than me...
Sometimes I wish that he'd be more mature. :haix:

Offline KimiKazoo

• Caterpillar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 21:25 »
yea siblings..when they r nice its good....when they r not its hell..

I got an older sister. She nice most of the time, buying me lunch and stuff. But when shes mad, shes like a bomb.....
We can also start fights out of anything or nothing at all, which always result in me getting in trouble with my parents....
Funny thing..im the young one.

Offline chels

• Cocoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 16:51 »
no siblings.....yay!! haha i know "spolied only child". but dont hate. i dont gotta share, give, or argue with a sibling and i am grateful for that!

Offline Dia

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 12:55 »
well.. I'm an only child, so neither brothers nor sisters...  :swt: I like being an only child... I'm accustomed to it...  :woohehe: everything goes for meeeeee  :wahaha: but, sometimes (really very fewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww times) I'd like to have a brother or sister... I'd be fun...

Offline Ayro

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Beast
  • You can't hide from misery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 13:12 »
Don't, they are miserable to be around. Well, at least the ones I ended up with. Both my brother and sister went to college when I was 7 so I naively wanted a adopted brother... well lets just say I got 2, 1 of them is at a rehab(ish) place and the other is mentally ill... Not that all of them are that way though. Just getting that straight.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 13:16 by Ayro »
You were right about me being wrong and wrong about you being right.

Offline Eri

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • The Rich
  • I'm so high on you..
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 00:12 »
I'm the youngest in a family of 12 (8 brothers and 3 sisters), and it has always had its ups and downs.

The sibling next up from me is my brother Jaen; he's 5 years older then me.
When i was a teen he was really hard to live with at times, especially when he'd had a bad day (which was often. My brother was a hard worker and had a good heart - his boss knew this and exploited him mercilessly). It was hard too because my next older brother, Ingram, was only 3 years older then Jaen and so they always hung out together. So as a result when they were together I felt pretty lonely (although I never had any real trouble amusing myself); when Ingram wasn't around Jaen ignored me; and after Ingram moved out Jaen had very little interest in spending time with me, and when he did we usually ended up fighting.
So yeh, that was lonely for me, looking back, but I did well on my own.

Now, quite a while later, I don't really hear from most of my siblings for sometimes years at a time. They're scattered around the world; all fiercely independent personalities, and my family has never really been known for its' warmth. A number of them have acted really badly to my parents over the years too, which has disgusted me.

Hm, one sorta funny thing (at least, people that hear it often find it funny) is when I used to go into my brothers room to watch TV. Both he and I really loved Seinfeld and the house only had two TV's, so while my parents were watching the news, I'd go into my brothers room and watch his TV with him.
Anyway, I won't lie to you, he could be a really smelly guy. I mean, he had good hygiene, he just wasn't shy about bodily gases. lol.
So we were watching Seinfeld while eating dinner, and he just starts farting - not trying to be subtle about it or hold it in or anything. And they STUNK. like, bad. And I was eating.
So after a few I ask him if he could stop farting, because I was trying to eat (knowing I had to be careful because it was his room i was in, and I wanted to watch the show).. and he says.. 'if you don't like it you can leave!'

And that's just one of many strange memories.  :=X:
Let's drown ourselves in this love.. my darling, my only one..

Offline Michelle

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 02:52 »
I have one older sister but it is practically like I am an only child because there is a 9 year difference. When I was old enough to remember stuff, she was always studying for tests and doing homework. I have already lived 6 years without her which is why I consider myself an only child. As an "only child" I am kind of accustomed to not sharing and getting what I want which is really bad because for the summer (now) I am staying with my aunt for a month or so and she has two children who are a little younger than I am, and when we go grocery shopping to buy food, if I don't eat it the day I buy it, it will be gone the next day.
For the first two times I bought stuff especially for me, I thought I just had a bit of memory loss and that I had already eaten the food, but then the third time I was sure I didn't eat it all and I found out my cousins ate it and when I asked them if they did, they said they did without even hesitating.
When I am home, if I buy stuff, I will always leave some for my parents to eat so I am really not used to people eating stuff that I like.
Also, when I was like 1 or 2, my nanny took me to the park and she bought me a bouncy ball to play with and a boy my age wanted to play with me and I was really mean and I ran away from him because I didn't want to share :(
To me, sharing is NOT caring

Offline icewing

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Transcendent
  • I like bears.
    • View Profile
    • Icey's Deviantart
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 11:15 »
 :'( i have an older brother ( 10 years older O.O) and we get along...........well, we pretty much ignored each other after he went off to college... :touched: and when i comes back...he's a TOTAL stranger. 

no more piggy back rides, no more huggies, no more watching him play games and annoy him, no more revenge of the pillows!, and.......... :crywithno: :crywithno: :touched: :'(

it was pretty funny watching Lily (furgeson) freak out and  :omg: over my relationship with bro.

oh. and when i was a younger, people thought he was my DAD.  :swt:

Offline Eri

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • The Rich
  • I'm so high on you..
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 18:27 »
sounds like a typical scenario right out of a brother x sister shoujo.

Icewing and [her brother] have always been close. However, it turns out that they're not really siblings so now they have an excuse to take things further!

I'm assuming that's what Lily was freaking out about (the closeness of you both)?  :=D:

Actually something more disturbing perhaps - when I was about 4 or so, my brother (he would have been about 9 or 10) practiced kissing on me.  :vomit:
At the time I had no idea what he was doing, but it's no wonder I didn't forget.
Somewhat traumatizing, and I doubt I'll ever mention it to him.
Let's drown ourselves in this love.. my darling, my only one..

Offline Michelle

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 23:44 »

oh. and when i was a younger, people thought he was my DAD.  :swt:
Haha, there was a time when I was like 5 or 6, my sister was going to the movies with her friends and my mom needed to do something that didn't involve me so she had to take me, and when I was choosing candy to eat, someone asked if she was my mom. She got really mad after that and never took me anywhere again.

Offline icewing

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Transcendent
  • I like bears.
    • View Profile
    • Icey's Deviantart
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2010, 08:25 »
:haix: michelle.....xD that happens!

ok.  um. no. lily was freaking out because she thought it was a very sad relationship.  :'(   to sum it up, it's like we broke apart from bro and sis relationship. into like........stranger sis relationship .*cries at memories* :touched:

ok. shoujo manga?????

he's TEN FRICKIN YEARS OLDER THAN ME..........O.O

Leave a Message -This is NOT for chatting!-