Chat Box

Website Chat Reader

Welcome to Transcendence

Author Topic: Siblings...[this could get ugly...jk]  (Read 17876 times)

Offline LittleWeird

• Reserve Staff
  • Beast
    • View Profile
Re: Siblings...[this could get ugly...jk]
« Reply #285 on: January 18, 2014, 10:54 »
yea, if HS is hell then college is even worser than that  :swt:

ot: sooo... i have a younger sister (just a few years). i think she on her rebellios stage going on about how no one loves her here and everyone is blaming her and as the older sister im kinda worried about it. any suggestion? :(
It's not necessarily rebellious, most teens go through a lonely alienated phase. What you can do is support her interests, no matter how bad she may be at it, as long as she's not hurting herself. Buy her a pretty book for her to write down her feelings in. Don't address the subject head on, show her you love her and care for her by going around the subject and treat her/invite her to things she think are fun (and get with the times, the interests change FAST as you might remember). Or, you can just meet her feelings. It may be hard as a sibling that's way through and over that phase to not just shrug it off and tell her to grow up and stop being silly. She'll hopefully know how silly she was when she gets older. Just let her vent and treat her feelings wholeheartedly. And, just listen. You will grow closer as people, and she won't feel as lonely. She'll still be in the lonely phase, but at least, let her know that your world would crumble if she wasn't in it.

(I've seen too many teens disappear in this phase, and I almost did too, so don't treat it lightly).

Good luck!
My biggest intellectual problem in life: How do you socialize without being a complete buffoon?

Offline Angel~

• Reserve Staff
  • Transcendent
  • Do, or do not. There is no "try".
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 26, 2014, 17:49 »
Just try to show your love. My older sister and me fought a lot, but in the end I knew she'd always be there for me. I believe that is what really counts.

thanks to Shineshan <3

Offline Pau

• Inactive/Retired Staff
  • Master of Heaven
  • awawawaaahhh~happy munch time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2014, 09:34 »
i hope so.... im not really on good terms with her though  :indotz:

Offline Angel~

• Reserve Staff
  • Transcendent
  • Do, or do not. There is no "try".
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2014, 09:48 »
Maybe you could go shopping with her? Have some coffee, talk for a bit?

thanks to Shineshan <3

Leave a Message -This is NOT for chatting!-